As John Andrew Holmes wisely said,
"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have been waiting
centuries for somebody ignorant enough of the impossible to do that thing."

BE SURE TO SCROLL THROUGH AND LOOK THROUGH OLDER POSTS TO SEE
PICTURES OF YOUR CHILDREN AND ALL THEY'RE LEARNING AT
HANDS ON 4 KIDS!!



Wednesday, March 14, 2012

LIVING LOVE AND LOGIC TIP #33

Why Are They Always Testing the Limits?Weekly Tip from the Love and Logic® Experts



Tammy glowed with excitement, rushing up to me minutes before the conference began.
"I made the greatest connection about why you teach us to neutralize our kids' arguing and begging. Even though I got good at saying, 'So what did I say?' And even though it worked well, I was still upset that I had to use it frequently. I kept thinking that if I just did it the right way, my own kids would just accept the limits I set for them. It irritated me that they would test the limits more than the kids in my classroom."
"So tell me about the connection," I said.
"I was listening to you and Charles on the new audio CD, The Love and Logic Classroom, where you both talked about limits. Something you said made it clear that testing and trying to stretch limits is a way kids check to assure themselves that the adults can, and will, provide physical and emotional safety."
"That’s right, but what was the connection you made?"
To find out the connection that was made click HERE to read the entire article.

No comments:

Post a Comment