As John Andrew Holmes wisely said,
"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have been waiting
centuries for somebody ignorant enough of the impossible to do that thing."

BE SURE TO SCROLL THROUGH AND LOOK THROUGH OLDER POSTS TO SEE
PICTURES OF YOUR CHILDREN AND ALL THEY'RE LEARNING AT
HANDS ON 4 KIDS!!



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

LIVING LOVE AND LOGIC TIP #15

One Evening in My Son's Home
Weekly Tip from the Love and Logic® Experts

 
Choices are magic. My grandson, Ferris, was bemoaning the amount of homework he had to do in kindergarten. Frankly, I think the kid had a point. What ever happened to childhood? Anyway, Ferris was sort of tripping over the line from protest into rebellion: "I'm just not going to do this homework. It's too much! I quit."
 
My son put his hand on his child's shoulder and said, "I understand, Ferris. Just go in tomorrow and tell your teacher it was too much and that you decided to quit." And then my son and I walked off. About twenty minutes later we passed the dining room table again and Ferris was hard at work on his homework. It was almost completed. And my son, with a grin, said to me, "Dad, this Love and Logic stuff is just too easy."
 
Thanks for reading! Our goal is to help as many families as possible. If this is a benefit, forward it to a friend.
 
Dr. Foster Cline
 
 
*** It is not always this easy! Make sure you have "deposited" into your child's "account" by providing many choices throughout the day! The more the better. Your child is going to be more willing to listen when they feel in charge and responsible!

No comments:

Post a Comment