As John Andrew Holmes wisely said,
"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have been waiting
centuries for somebody ignorant enough of the impossible to do that thing."

BE SURE TO SCROLL THROUGH AND LOOK THROUGH OLDER POSTS TO SEE
PICTURES OF YOUR CHILDREN AND ALL THEY'RE LEARNING AT
HANDS ON 4 KIDS!!



Thursday, August 9, 2012

Living Love and Logic Tip #49

The Problem Goes Back to the Rightful Owner
Weekly Tip from the Love and Logic® Experts

 
Nineteen-year-old Blake was in for a surprise. While he was away for his first semester of college, his dad listened to the audio CD, Hormones and Wheels, and was ready to make some changes in his parenting style.
Dumping his bags on the floor, Blake announced, "Dad, like this trooper gave me a ticket and it's not fair. He comes up and gets like all belligerent, telling me he ought to arrest me because I was going 30 miles over the limit. I told him, 'Like lighten up, dude. There's no one else on the road and it's like what's the big deal? I know it's a work zone, but it's after hours, man.' And then he like cops a real attitude on me. So, Dad, will you just take care of the ticket and not make a big deal out of it? How am I supposed to have a good vacation if I have to go to court and mess with this?"
In the past, Dad reacted to these situations with anger, but had always bailed Blake out. No wonder Blake thought this latest brush with the law was just another minor irritation.
What a shock! Dad didn't get mad.
 
Click HERE to read the rest of this story and to see how dad reacted.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment