As John Andrew Holmes wisely said,
"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have been waiting
centuries for somebody ignorant enough of the impossible to do that thing."

BE SURE TO SCROLL THROUGH AND LOOK THROUGH OLDER POSTS TO SEE
PICTURES OF YOUR CHILDREN AND ALL THEY'RE LEARNING AT
HANDS ON 4 KIDS!!



Thursday, April 11, 2013

Living Love & Logic Tip #72

I recently received the following email from my neighbor:

Jim,
Thanks so much for my new favorite line, "Aren't you glad I don't believe that?" It is brilliant! It was an instant re-direct this morning.
Jen

Jen is not the only Love and Logic parent who has discovered this handy Love and Logic One-Liner. It's especially effective when followed by a quick hug and a walk away. (Don't stick around for a response.)

You might want to run an experiment at one of those times when you feel at a loss for words. "Aren't you glad I don't believe that?" serves as a quick and loving reply to lots of childhood favorite retorts, including, but not limited to:

"I can't do that."
"I'm just stupid."
"I guess it's always my fault."
"I'm not going to be your friend anymore."
"Nobody likes me."
"It's too hard."
"I'm never going to…"
"You like her/him better than me."
"I hate you!"

Share this with your friends. They will probably thank you for it just as Jen thanked us.

To learn more easy-to-use solutions for everyday problems with kids, check out my new webinar: Home and School Strategies for Creating Respectful, Responsible Kids.

Thanks for reading! Our goal is to help as many families as possible. If this is a benefit, forward it to a friend.
Jim Fay
To read more from Love and Logic click HERE! This site is LOADED with so many useful tools for parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment