As John Andrew Holmes wisely said,
"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have been waiting
centuries for somebody ignorant enough of the impossible to do that thing."

BE SURE TO SCROLL THROUGH AND LOOK THROUGH OLDER POSTS TO SEE
PICTURES OF YOUR CHILDREN AND ALL THEY'RE LEARNING AT
HANDS ON 4 KIDS!!



Sunday, April 14, 2013

Announcement

Hi Everyone,
About a year and a half ago I was teaching Love and Logic (R) at a conference in Reno and I heard about another positive discipline program called "Conscious Discipline (see consciousdicipline.com). They said, "If you like Love and Logic (R) you will LOVE Conscious Discipline" Well, that really perked my attention so I attended the 2 hour intro class and really liked what I learned. I came home and implemented some of the tools but with out further training I didn't know the why's and how's to really use it. You've heard "Use it or Loose it" and I did. However, it's always been in the back of my mind that I really wanted to find out more. I have used and taught Love and Logic (R) for nearly 9 years now however, I have discovered there are some kids that need something else....there just seemed to be something more that I needed to help through some of the challenges facing kids. I think I have found those tools with "Conscious Discipline".
Kate Fraiser is trained in "Conscious Discipline" and is coming to our school 2 days per week for an hour or 2 during the month of April and modeling the tools and techniques. I am learning so much and seeing great results for all of the children. There are a lot of similarities and quite a few differences between "Love and Logic" (R) I really like them both.
Recently I sent a "Love and Logic" (R) flyer offering a 3 week course starting next Saturday, however, I recently learned of and also want you to be aware of the 7 week "Conscious Discipline" course that Kate is offering through a grant......so it's FREE. Classes are spread out being held every other month. The first class is being held Monday, April 29, 2013 from 6pm to 9pm. See the information to follow for all the details.
As we are implementing the tools and techniques of "Conscious Discipline" in the class room, I am highly reccomend that you do all you can to attend at least this first class and get the basics of the program. It is VERY valuable information that I see can actually make life-long changes.
I hope you will contact Kate at your earliest convenience to reserve your space!
 
Have a great week end!
Ms. JoAnn
---
PLEASE NOTE ACHANGE IN LOCATION FOR OUR CLASS on 4/29/13 from 6 – 9 pm:
Conscious Discipline: It Starts with YOU!
This class will introduce you to the heavily researched, highly acclaimed, and developmentally appropriate social-emotional skill building program of Conscious Discipline (www.ConsciousDiscipline.com) which starts by empowering ADULTS with necessary understanding and self-awareness so that assisting children with behavior regulation skills can actually make life-long changes!
We are now going to meet in the Training Room at
6171 W.Charleston, BUILDING 15 (STILL on April 29th from 6 – 9)!
Be sure to let anyone else you registered for know of this change and feel free to invite others
– as long as they email me (kfraiser@dcfs.nv.gov) with their name and information to ensure we still have spaceJ
See you in FOUR WEEKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment